Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brown Recluse Spider

Old Timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflykisses View Post
    If you were bit by one you would strongly disagree with this report. The best thing to do to know for sure is catch the spider that bi t you if at all possible and take it with you to the Dr. People move here to Ca from the Midwest all the time and could bring them with without even knowing it.
    Hold on. I am not disputing your bite or your signs and symptoms including a necrotizing cellulitis. I am just saying it probably ain't the Brown Recluse here in California. Many different species of house spiders have venom capable of injecting venom that results in tissue necrosis. Not all are Brown Recluses, that's all. if you feel better blaming it on the Brown Recluse who am I to argue?

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Coral's Avatar
    Gee, I had no idea this would turn into a "is it or isn't it" a Brown Recluse? I have been told by two doctors now that they are here and my symptioms are about right. Not everyon reacts the same. Today it was several hours before I could walk straight, my muscles in my upper body are extremely sore and and I am sooooo tired. I took a nap a little while ago but I don't think it helped much. So you guys keep on discussing. I still have a large lump under the bite spots.
    You know I say just what I think, and nothing more and less. I cannot say one thing and mean another.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Tazzy's Avatar
    Isn't it amazing how everything has to escalate into arguments and everyone gets butt hurt. Here's a PC disclaimer, if you get bit by anything and it hurts, stings, swells, turns green, please seek medical attention. Things have a tendency to fall off if infection sets in.
    People should seriously stop expecting normal from me.....We all know it's never gonna happen!

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Tazzy's Avatar
    Hugs Coral
    People should seriously stop expecting normal from me.....We all know it's never gonna happen!

On my way
    As I said earlier, Brown Recluse spiders are in Orange County for sure. Seen them in my wood pile, dog bit by one under the woodpile earlier this Spring, spider turned over and identified by a professor at Cal State Fullerton (2 years ago) studying the Brown Recluse in SoCal. There were also several articles in the OC Register regarding this subject a year or two ago. So if they are in OC, it figures they would be in the mountains. My nephew was bit by a desert recluse when he was in military training at 29 Palms. Was in the hospital for 3 days. I hope you feel better soon Coral!

Old Timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
    Isn't it amazing how everything has to escalate into arguments and everyone gets butt hurt. Here's a PC disclaimer, if you get bit by anything and it hurts, stings, swells, turns green, please seek medical attention. Things have a tendency to fall off if infection sets in.
    No argument, just debate. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. You want to see arguments come on over to the political threads if you're not afraid.

Old Timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Coral View Post
    Gee, I had no idea this would turn into a "is it or isn't it" a Brown Recluse? I have been told by two doctors now that they are here and my symptioms are about right. Not everyon reacts the same. Today it was several hours before I could walk straight, my muscles in my upper body are extremely sore and and I am sooooo tired. I took a nap a little while ago but I don't think it helped much. So you guys keep on discussing. I still have a large lump under the bite spots.
    Hope you feel better soon. It always is better to have an answer that one is happy with.

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW murray5150's Avatar
    See if this will help answer some questions

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7468.html
    What a fool believes ..... he sees "Michael McDonald"

Has Learned to Put Chains On thecozyhavasnak's Avatar
    That's a great article...thanks for clearing things up. You can't expect the average physician to be an arachnologist. I knew we didn't have brown recluses in CA! I guess they're commonly mixed up with the desert recluses. Interesting to note that antibiotics are of no value unless an infection is present.
    Hope this convinces people...no brown recluse spiders in California. Relax!
    Save Lake Gregory

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW murray5150's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thecozyhavasnak View Post
    That's a great article...thanks for clearing things up. You can't expect the average physician to be an arachnologist. I knew we didn't have brown recluses in CA! I guess they're commonly mixed up with the desert recluses. Interesting to note that antibiotics are of no value unless an infection is present.
    Hope this convinces people...no brown recluse spiders in California. Relax!
    Thanks not pointing fingers just hoping that will help clear up some questions and maybe a little relief
    What a fool believes ..... he sees "Michael McDonald"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information