Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They said I've won!!!! (Yeah, right....)

I occasionally get phone calls (we're suipposed to be unlisted, but somehow made last years local phone book--thanks, Charter!) Anyway, the phone call is always some sort of deal, and, of course, I've won! I've won a free stay at some rinky dink hotel far away, and I just have to pay for four other nights....Hey! I got a free sample of Tampax in the mail, and I'm a guy!

At least I was, the last time I looked.......

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOG View Post
    Either that, or a vacation on a 50 year old former liner, now TUB, to Bermuda, from Miami, two days, and you have to attend a sales meeting for buying timeshares and spend a night in Miami at some fleabag motel, plus you have to pay your own airfare, and a $50 per person service charge....ad naseum....The old boat was brand new in the early 60's and the food tastes like Denny's on a bad day, or Mickey D's.....and the entertainment, well, if you were watching it on TV, you'd pray for a commercial break, because your remote's batteries just died, and you are too lazy to go get up and turn the TV off...
    I'm sure you are dead- on correct with that, too... betcha dollars to doughnuts there was a timeshare presentation involved in my taking possession of the fabulous vacation prize.

Yep, been down that road, too... figured I could handle the presentation in exchange for the great gifts. THAT was a poorly thought out plan. The two- hour presentation was only the beginning of a long and difficult road, filled with endless calls, demands for participation, mail that I don't want.... and the "great gifts" were not even close to worth the trouble.

I once got a portable vacuum cleaner for attending a timeshare presentation. Only thing is, it didn't work. It SUCKED (or, rather, it didn't....)

It was some company trying to sell me a timeshare at the Welk Resort north of Escondido. Also got suckered in at Branson, MO once, managed to escape that one, got money back. The site was actually on the Branson Chamber of Commerce website! Any thing can be bought off these days....We were traveling that way anyway, back in 2004, hotel was a dump. Branson is one huge convalescent hospital with Couintry Music BLVD always full of traffic and you can't move....

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW
    Ahh, but Branson IS sorta cool... the Country Las Vegas of the Ozarks... or something like that!

Of course, it isn't worth going through a timeshare abuse session for.

Hilarious that they gave you a vacuum for your time... "sucks" is the word that comes to mind. I guess a blow dryer, or a snooker table, or even a toaster might also be appropriate... or even a horse, since one generally gets taken for a ride!

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Gabbygirl's Avatar
    I tell you - I'm very protective of my cell number. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it. If it's that important, they'll leave a message. Same for my home land line.

Has Proven That I Have No Life Outside Of ROTW Durnsy's Avatar
    Since I switched my home phone to Ooma, I don't get any telemarketer calls, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbygirl View Post
    I tell you - I'm very protective of my cell number. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer it. If it's that important, they'll leave a message. Same for my home land line.
    Never have problems with my cell. Though I get so many calls on my home phone, I never answer. It kinda goes in spurts?

I wonder if the guy with the same first and last name on Wagon Wheel will ever hand over the check to me? LOL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information